Wednesday, April 27, 2011

oh mommy time

is nonexistant!  Not that I'd trade this for the world, but it's hard to find the time to blog lately, even though I want to be doing it every day.  I'm at least trying to keep up mentally with what's been going on. 

This post, my worry about milestones.

I've been looking into his developments, milestones, updates from my email, snail mail, and babycenter all say he should be a very...slightly...I don't know...different baby?  He isn't rolling over, he's not really rolling at all...he lies flat on his back and won't move, he still has a very strong moro-reflex, so he is mostly just scared.  However, when you're holding him up, he moves his upper body all around, his neck tilts, he lifts it up, he looks around...it seems a lot different that way.  He also, thanks to my dad, will pull himself up now if he grasps on to your fingers and you help him out.

He smiled his first smile within the first 3-4 weeks...they were mostly gas, but you could tickle his little belly or feet and he would smile at you.  He would make little noises after his smiles when he was laughing, not quite giggles then.  When we were in gatlinburg he did his first real giggle, and his first few coo's.  Now he'll giggle very prominent when you tickle him or talk to him sweetly.  That way, he's been hitting all of his milestones.

I guess it's just different with him because we can't do things we would with a baby who wasn't sick.  Just this morning he woke up at 6 for his bottle and after two ounces he stopped eating it.  He sits up when he eats and I went to lift him and he threw up everywhere...not only once, but three large times, and the formula went out of his nose, choked him up and I had to turn him over and when he finally got it up he started to sob so sadly because of how scared it made him. :[

I love him so much, I just can't wait until we get something in his little belly that helps, a new doctor to report his new symptoms to (like rasied potassium...anyone ever heard of that???) annnnd get the new tests to cover everything that's been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment