Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2nd

and my turtle is 10 weeks old!

I love the little guy so much, he makes me so proud to be a mommy, so happy to be a mommy.  I feel like we are going to be alright, through all of these hard times, through all of the wondering, we'll be okay...eventually.

However, I am going through an internal struggle, and that is...where to draw lines.  I am a first time mommy and I want to enjoy every moment of this, sometimes that means, I want to be selfish.  I feel like I have about 8 people to consider every single day...and I don't know how to make everyone happy all at once, while still considering my own feelings.

I won't go into detail, as I said...internal struggle...but I just know, someone has to relate to that in some way..

On a positive note, Osama Bin Laden was finally captured and killed.  I know many people are very afraid to think about what comes next, but I wanted to sit in awe for a moment, we lived an event many of us thought would never happen.  I wasn't sure if we'd ever catch him.  We have, he is gone, his reign of terror is over...His followers may try to retaliate...but let's hope that instead, the people he deemed voiceless for so long will finally have it in them to speak for themselves again.

No comments:

Post a Comment